Part-Time Family Programming Coordinator Job Description
Tzedek Chicago seeks an individual responsible for coordinating family programming. Family programming will include families with infants through early adolescents.
• Work closely with the Rabbi, Board of Directors, and family stakeholders to create and implement an overall programming plan for Tzedek families, including for ongoing and one-time events.
• Attend regular and special events in Chicago to oversee, manage, and implement family programming. Take notes on what worked and didn’t, what materials were used, and who attended the events.
• Acquire and store educational materials, art supplies, etc.
• Manage and maintain communication between synagogue and families (email, phone outreach, social media contact).
• Collaborate with Tzedek Social Networking and Communications Coordinator to create digital and print promotional content and images for family programming.
• Increase synagogue’s family program visibility through online promotion, community networking, and one-on-one relational meetings with potential family participants.
Skills and/or Experience:
• Commitment to the core values of our congregation.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Familiarity with best practices in youth programming, family programming, and Jewish programming and content.
• Experience with one-time and ongoing program planning and implementation.
• Ability to integrate participant feedback into event planning.
• Familiarity with social justice education.
• Knowledge of existing and emerging activist communities - both local to Chicago, national, and international - preferred.
• Some experience with Jewish youth development or educational programming would be desirable.
• Self-directed and comfortable working independently and remotely.
This a position in Chicago for approximately 7-10 hours per week. The Part-Time Family Programming Coordinator will be paid as a consultant. Hourly wage is negotiable, depending upon experience. We expect over time to increase the number of weekly and monthly hours.
To apply, please email info@tzedekchicago with your resume, cover letter and contact information by Monday, October 19, 2018.